10 Awesome Benefits of Using a Period Tracking App
Gone are the days where you need to subtly mark the first and last date of your period on a physical calendar. That is, if you remembered to do some old school period tracking at all.
Thanks to modern technology, there’s an app for that, like Monthly Gift, that will make your life a whole lot easier.
Here are 10 reasons why you should be actively using a period tracking app:
1. No more guessing games of when to expect your period: Even if you’re irregular, tracking apps can at least give you an a proximity of when to expect your period, based on your past cycles. You can even get notifications when to expect your period. Because let’s face it, as busy women, sometimes we need the reminder.
2. You will be informed when you’re ovulating: Period apps will tell you when during your cycle you are most likely to conceive. This is beneficial when you’re trying to get pregnant, and when you’re trying to avoid pregnancy.
3. It could help you find a new, hormone free way of birth control: While the rhythm method is notorious for being the least reliable form of birth control, some women don’t have any other option. Using an app that will tell you when you’re ovulating will assist you in effectively using this form of birth control.
4. They may help us understand our periods better: As silly as it may sound, it’s true and important. The more women that use period trackers, the more data that can potentially be collected, the more we can better understand why some women bleed more than others, don’t have predictable cycles, or experience certain symptoms.
5. Period tracking could assist in solving medical mysteries: Taking it another step forward, this compiled information from a broad range of women could help us figure out why some of the unknowns, like why certain women get intense cramps and bleed 7 days a month and other’s have light bleeding for 4 easy days, among other questions we’ve been asking, unanswered, for years.
6. You’ll have all your info on your health in hand: Avoid forgetting to ask your doctor a question that question about your body you’ve been wondering, or having to half make up answers about your period at your annual. A period app keeps track of everything so you don’t have to. And this can help your doctor give you the best advice tailored to your reproductive health.
7. They could even lead to public health policy tailored to our needs: Again, massive collection of data is nothing to sneeze at. As frustrating as it is, our periods are still very much of a mystery. As this mystery begins to unfold, health policy could change and be better formulated as to what’s best for us (can you say good-bye tampon tax?).
8. Trackers can help you take control of your own body: Knowledge is power. Keeping track of your body’s patterns can take out some of the not so pleasant surprise elements, and it’s empowering. And let’s be honest, it feels good when you’re informed about yourself.
9. Keep track of your MG. Subscription: If you use our subscription service, the app allows you to easily make updates to your account!
10. They’re convenient, easy to use, AND free: And really, what’s better than that?